Disaster Preparedness Tips for Commercial Property Owners
Successful business owners are thoroughly prepared for any possible disaster or business interruption. In the event of a disaster, how ready are you to respond appropriately?
To help mitigate losses during a disaster follow these tips:
- Regularly review and update emergency plans
- Create a hurricane evacuation plan
- Create a fire escape plan
- Regularly inspect buildings for repairs
- Finding and addressing issues, such as leaking roofs or windows, can prevent unnecessary water damage or mold growth.
- Create an emergency contact list with approved vendors for repairs and restoration
- The emergency list should include contact information for approved contractors, plumbers, electricians, water and fire damage restoration vendors, and other helpful vendors.
- Communicate well with employees
- Communication is key to mitigating losses after a disaster. Each and every employee should your emergency plans and how to respond to a disaster, like a broken pipe or sprinkler system malfunction.
- Educate employees on how to prevent unnecessary water, fire, or mold damages
If you would like to learn more about emergency planning for property managers please send an email to kayla@SERVPROofcovington.com.