Number 4 Franchise in 2016
#4 Franchise in 2016
We at SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville are proud to represent one of the greatest franchises in the world. In 2016, SERVPRO was ranked as the number four franchise on Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 list. SERVPRO started out as a painting company in 1967. Now, nearly 50 years later, SERVPRO is the best cleanup and restoration company in the world. We work hard everyday to provide excellent service and help people when disaster strikes. We specialize in cleanup and restoration after fire, water, and mold damage has occurred. We aim to help mitigate losses after an emergency and make it seem "Like it never even happened". We are always trying to better our company and provide more services for our customers. You can call us 24/7/365 to help in an emergency.
Preparing for a Hurricane in St. Tammany Parish
Before a Hurricane
To prepare for a hurricane, you should take the following measures:
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Know your surroundings.
- Learn the elevation level of your property and whether the land is flood-prone. This will help you know how your property will be affected when storm surge or tidal flooding are forecasted.
- Identify levees and dams in your area and determine whether they pose a hazard to you.
- Learn community hurricane evacuation routes and how to find higher ground. Determine where you would go and how you would get there if you needed to evacuate.
- Make plans to secure your property:
- Cover all of your home’s windows. Permanent storm shutters offer the best protection for windows. A second option is to board up windows with 5/8” exterior grade or marine plywood, cut to fit and ready to install. Another year-round option would be installation of laminated glass with impact-resistant glazing. Tape does not prevent windows from breaking.
- Install straps or additional clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure. This will reduce roof damage.
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Reinforce your garage doors; if wind enters a garage it can cause dangerous and expensive structural damage.
- Plan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Determine how and where to secure your boat.
- Install a generator for emergencies.
- If in a high-rise building, when high winds are present, be prepared to take shelter on a lower floor because wind conditions increase with height, and in a small interior room without windows. When flooding may be occurring, be prepared to take shelter on a floor safely above the flooding and wave effects.
- Consider building a safe room