If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (985) 871-5375

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Predictions

6/1/2020 (Permalink)

pie chart of 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season preditions 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook

The Atlantic hurricane season runs June 1 through November 30. This year, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts a slightly more active season. NOAA's Climate Prediction Centerestimates a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

An average Atlantic hurricane season consists of 12 named storms. Of those storms, six are hurricanes and three are major hurricanes. The current outlook for 2020's hurricane season is 13-19 named storms, 6-10 hurricanes, and 3-6 major hurricanes. Now is the time to beginemergency preparation for your family and business.

2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Preparation Checklist

  1. Speak with your insurance agent about flood insurance. Every Louisiana homeowner and business owner should have a flood insurance policy to help them recover after a storm.
  2. Discuss your evacuation plan with your family. With the current situation regarding COVID-19 restrictions, your options may be limited. Shelters may not be able to accommodate a mass group of evacuees. Some hotels may limit extended stays. Plan ahead and do your research.
  3. Examine your emergency kit. Did you need to borrow from your emergency kit during quarantine? Restock any items you may have recently used.
  4. Conduct thorough walkthroughs of your home and business. Inspect areas common to wind and hail damages like windows and the roof. Make any necessary repairs.
  5. Create an emergency plan for your office. This plan should include contact information for each employee and vendors you may need to help with disaster recovery.

SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville specializes in disaster recovery and storm damage restoration. For more information about emergency planning, please send an email to kayla@SERVPROofcovington.com

Other News

View Recent Posts