St. Tammany Parish is a StormReady® Community
St. Tammany Parish is recognized as a StormReady® community in accordance with the National Weather Service (NWS) StormReady® program. The NWS StormReady® program was created to help communities throughout the United States better prepare for extreme weather and water events. StormReady® program provides community emergency managers with guidelines on how to improve their hazard weather program. Each StormReady® community must meet certain criteria to earn this designation, and they must renew every three years. A few of the program’s criteria include having an established 24-hour warning point and emergency operations center, promoting the importance of public readiness through community seminars, and developing a formal hazardous weather plan.
Extreme weather events in St. Tammany Parish include hazards such as flooding, tornadoes, and wind and hail damages caused by tropical storms and hurricanes. Officials from St. Tammany Parish Government’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness are responsible for maintaining our community’s StormReady® designation and for ensuring our residents and businesses are prepared for any size disaster. Below is a list of emergency resources to help St. Tammany Parish residents before, during, and after weather-related hazards.
St. Tammany Parish Storm Emergency Numbers
- For storm updates, call 985-809-2300
- To report storm-related issues, call 985-898-2323
- After the storm, to report damages, call 985-898-2574 or email DAMAGE@STPGOV.ORG
- For special needs shelter information, call 985-898-3074
St. Tammany Parish Sandbag Locations
(Possible locations – Opening of Sandbag locations will be posted at www.stpgov.org/storm)
- Tammany Parish Government – Building – 21410 Koop Dr., Mandeville, LA 70471.
- Tammany Parish Public Works – Airport Road Barn- 34783 Grantham College Rd. Slidell, LA 70460.
- Tammany Parish Public Works – Fritchie Barn- 63119 Highway 1090 in Pearl River, LA 70452.
- Tammany Parish Public Works Barn – Keller Barn- 63131 Fish Hatchery Road, Lacombe, LA 70445.
- Tammany Parish Public Works Barn – Covington Barn- 1305 N. Florida Street, Covington, LA 70433.
- The Old Levee District Site – 61134 Military Road (Hwy 1090) Slidell, LA
St. Tammany Parish Storm Resources
St. Tammany Parish Storm Communications
- To stay updated on weather-related events, sign up for A!ert St. Tammany.
- Live Updates on STPG-TV
- St. Tammany Parish Storm Press updates
SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville has provided emergency storm mitigation and restoration services for St. Tammany Parish residents and businesses since 2009. After storms, our crews are ready to respond immediately to prevent secondary damages to properties. Our emergency services include water and flood damage mitigation, board-up, securing tarps, and more. Please call 985-871-5375 to schedule emergency mitigation services.