Spring Cleaning Tips From a Restoration Pro
Happy Spring! Finally, winter is over and we can remember why we live in the beautiful state of Louisiana. It's time for crawfish, festivals, outdoor concerts, and tons of family friendly events. It's also time for Spring cleaning and giving your home a check up.
Here are a couple of tips from a restoration professional to help keep your home or business in tip top shape this season:
- Daylight savings time = time to test the smoke alarms in your home and business. A couple of minutes spent checking your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors can save your life. Visit www.redcross.org for more information about testing your smoke alarms and for fire safety tips.
- When tidying up around the house, remember to inspect the outside as well. Check your roof for damages and make any necessary repairs to prevent water damage from April showers.
- Make sure your gutters are clean of debris and properly draining water away from your home.
- Examine trees for any loose branches that pose a threat to your home and have them removed.
Do You Need Help Cleaning up a Hoarder's House?
SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville can help you with a hording situation, especially when a family member is ill or recently deceased. You can trust our professionals to cleanup and restore the home to its original condition. We specialize in bio hazard cleanup and deodorization. We have helped several families in the Covington and Mandeville area and would love to help more. We listen to our customers and help create a plan of action that best suits the family. We can help with cleaning, sorting, deodorizing, and disposing or donating items. You can trust we will make it seem "Like it never even happened." You can call us 24/7/365 at 985-871-5375. We are ready to help you and your family live in a clean, peaceful home.
Vandalism Do's and Don'ts
We at SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville offer vandalism cleanup as one of our many services. Whether it's home or business that has been vandalized, we can help make it seem "Like it never even happened". No disaster is too small or too big for us at SERVPRO of Greater Covington and Mandeville. Here are some tips to help you in the event of an act of vandalism.
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery
- Save containers revealing the ingedients of products used in vandalism damage
- Record all damage and photograph when possible
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damage lamps or appliances
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from procelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair